The Major Case Squad strives to provide its members with a variety of training opportunities to ensure that our investigators are aware of the most up to date crime trends and ways to fight it. The Squad consistently sends members to trainings hosted by the International Homicide Investigators Association, the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Southeast Homicide Investigators Association, the Conference on Crimes Against Women, Southwestern Illinois Law Enforcement Commission, and it’s annual member-wide retraining.
These training opportunities could not be made available without fundraisers such as the Major Case Squad’s Annual Golf Tournament, as well as corporate and private donations.
2017 Golf Tournament
Detective Brian Riggar
O'Fallon, IL Police
2017 Robert G. Lowery, Sr. Award Recipient
Previous Recipients of the Robert G. Lowery Sr. Award RecipientsPICTURED LEFT TO RIGHT ARE:
- Captain Dan DeCarli (Ferguson PD) - Commander of the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis
- Captain James Cavins (O'Fallon, IL PD) - Deputy Commander, 2014 Award Recipient
- Major Tim Fagan (Florissant PD) - Deputy Commander, 2016 Award Recipient
- Captain Randy Boden (Florissant PD) - Chief Deputy Commander for the State of Missouri, 2005 Award Recipient
- Major Jeff Connor (Madison County IL Sheriff's Department) - Chief Deputy Commander for the State of Illinois, 2012 Award Recipient
- Chief Tim Lowery (Florissant PD) - Executive Board Member, Son of Robert G. Lowery, Sr.